Sutton Hopeline was set up by Sutton Mental Health Foundation to provide Sutton residents who experience emotional distress an out of hours crisis service to:
• Help de-escalate a state of emotional crisis
• Offer the listening value of our trained Intentional Peer Support workers
• Help reduce pressure on A&E services
• Help reduce unnecessary admissions to Sutton Acute Psychiatric Ward (Springfield Hospital site)
• Prevent the development or aggravation of illness or distress by signposting callers to the appropriate services and providing them information they might otherwise have not had access to
Our IPS workers have gone through the official and accredited IPS training. They all have a lived experience of emotional distress or mental illness. Some of them have experienced admissions on psychiatric wards, others not.
Their experience paired up with their training and a very astute sense of empathy, as well as the fact that they are not medical professionals but ordinary people who have gone through difficult times, have proven to offer invaluable support to our Sutton Hopeline callers.
People can call Sutton Hopeline on 02081508872 every Saturday and Sunday evening from 8 pm until 11.30 pm.