Sutton Symphony Orchestra (SSO) returns to All Saints Carshalton on Saturday 24th June for a very “youthful” summer concert with an interesting programme that showcases talented youth of the borough. Finalists from Sutton Music Festival and Sutton Music Service’s Young Musician of the Year competition feature along with award-winning choir Osiris Ensemble.
The programme is:
- Elgar – Wand of Youth Suite no. 1 – composed by Elgar as an 11 year old and then finessed many years later a delightful set of incidental music to “a Child’s play”.
- Rutter – Gloria – with the Osiris Ensemble, based in Carshalton and winners of many local choral competitions.
- Britten – Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra – quite literally gives all orchestral instruments a chance to shine
Plus movements from concertos:
- Mozart’s flute with Simon Upton, winner of Sutton Music Festival concerto class
- Haydn’s trumpet with Thomas Thornton finalist in Sutton Music Service’s Young Musician competition and student at the junior department, Royal College of Music.
- York Bowen’s viola with Jeanette Szeto. Jeanette won Sutton Young Musician of the Year 2015.
Tickets on the door or from https://www.wegottickets.com/event/399479
Under 18’s go free! 7.30pm start, refreshments at the interval.
Do join us for some enjoyable music on a summer’s evening.
Sutton Symphony Orchestra (Conductor Philip Aslangul, Leader Annmarie McDade) rehearses on a Tuesday evening and provides an opportunity for local musicians to perform ambitious orchestral works. SSO performs 3 concerts per year. If you are interested in joining, get in touch: