|What can the money be used for?|
We would like to fund activities and events that would be enjoyable for Sutton residents. Examples could include: dinner dances; pottery classes; fun days; drop in sessions; afternoon tea etc. The local NHS would attend these events/activities and spend part of the time talking to people local health services.
Who can apply for funding?
Local groups and voluntary sector organisations who work with, or support, people from groups with protected characteristics including:
- Children and young people and their families
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health conditions
- Older people
- People for whom English is not a first language
- Pregnant women and those who have recently given birth.
- People with physical disabilities
- LGBTQ communities
- People with different races and of different religions
- Socio-economically deprived communities
- Those affected by cancer
- Groups identified by Healthwatch Sutton as unheard
- Businesses and social enterprises who can demonstrate that the funds will be spent on community engagement on a not-for-profit basis